Each of the products in our collection is handcrafted from premium full grain leather custom-developed for Issara. Being a natural material, some care is required to preserve its beauty. If cared for properly your investment will last for years, an heirloom in its own right.
- Avoid exposure to heat and direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
- Excessive heat may cause leather to change colour, crack or dry out.
- Keep out of heavy rain. While a light drizzle will be fine, sustained exposure to water can damage the leather and cause splotches that may not fade evenly.
- Due to its porous nature, leather will never be waterproof.
- If the leather does get wet, simply pat dry with a paper towel (don’t rub), pack the item loosely with paper and let it air dry, away from artificial heat and direct sunlight.
- Colour transfer may occur if light coloured leather comes into contact with dark clothing (and vice versa).
- Use a leather conditioner every 4-6 months to keep the leather supple and avoid dryness, fading or cracking. Test your conditioner on a small, inconspicuous area first as the reaction of leather to treatment can vary.
- Apply a small amount of conditioner to a soft, lint free cloth (never directly to the leather).
- Use a circular motion to rub the conditioner evenly over an entire section of the leather.
- Follow with a brisk buffing of the leather surface with a soft, dry cloth.
- Allow the leather to air dry for a few hours before using the bag.
- Most conditioners will impart a rich lustre and deeper colour to the item (another reason to spot test).
- We recommend storing your leather article in the Issara dust bag when not in use.
- Never store leather in plastic.
- Always store in a cool, dry place away from heat.